Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas and Other Shenanigans!

The past week has been awesomely mellow, mainly spent with family for the holidays.  Tomorrow my adventures pick back up as I head to the west coast in search of some pretty views.  Some highlights from this past week:

Bus terminal.  I tried running into the pillar with a shopping cart, but to no avail :(
In fact, they told me to get out.

Sunset from the ferry.
 
The amazing view I had for breakfast from my cousin's friend's house.  They were kind enough to house me for my two nights in Picton.  I am so lucky to have met such wonderful people!

While there, I made friends with Zook:
His hobbies include chewing on my arm, talking, and shedding.
 
Took their pony, Bella, for a walk: 
 I WANT ONE.
 
Had an amazing walk down "The Snout" with a great view of Marlborough Sounds:
Purdy.
 
And learned how to be a terrible salsa dancer.  We really don't need to see a picture of me and my two left feet, but I learned from some amazing people with unbelievable talent.
 
Side story: the family I stayed with have two younger boys (under 10, I think).  You know, serious props to mothers with sons, because you have to be ready for absolutely anything...  I had just gotten out of the shower when I hear out in the hall "I HAVE TO POOP" and see the doorknob turn.  I scramble to throw on a towel and try to find the right words to say "Please kindly wait two seconds, and I'll be out in a jiffy! [before I get kicked out of this house and arrested for being exposed to a 4-year old]".  Luckily, disaster was averted, but I was quickly informed by the boy that there was another bathroom in his parent's room that he could use, since I was taking so long.  The next day, same 4-year old is running around the house naked, when he suddenly realizes that I'm there.  He screams "STOP LOOKING AT MY PRIVATES!" to which the only suitable response I could come up with was to wail back "THEN PUT SOME PANTS ON!" before I scurried away to hide in my room.  Yup, motherhood is not in the near future...

The rest of the time I have spent getting to know some wonderful family members and getting to meet some awesome cousins of mine.



Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and have a very Happy New Years!





2 comments:

  1. The bathroom story was awesome.

    Also, does that dog have some husky in it? Looks very out-of-hemisphere knowing where you are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good eyes! I was told it was a purebred husky. Beautiful right??

    ReplyDelete